June 29, 2013

Raptor Art

How can it be the end of June already!?!  This month has flown by so fast . . . but at least I was able to make some time for a few artful adventures.  I just got back from an Inspired weekend at Donna Downey's Studio where I created an amazing mixed media art journal with DJ Pettitt.  Before driving back home on Sunday a group of us visited the Carolina Raptor Center in Huntersville, NC.  It was such an amazing place.  They take in injured raptor birds and rehabilitate them.  Those that are able to live on their own again are released back into the wild, and those that aren't are given a safe, loving home to live out their days.  Because of an incoming storm, the flight show was canceled, but we managed to be standing in the right place at the right time and caught close up photo shoots of several owls and an eagle.

I created this page for a recent post on Mari Koegelenberg's Blog about artful solutions for blurry photos:


(I used background papers from Mari's All the Pretty Horses and her All Stitched Up Alpha.)

Here are some of the other photos I was able to take:






I can't wait to go back in the fall and spend more time there! 

Until next time ~ Judie

No comments:

Post a Comment